1. A hero with magical powers hears of a great evil, known as Dracula, that is awakening from a deep slumber. The hero ventures into a haunted castle filled with vampires, ghosts, and other terrifying monsters, with the intent to stop Dracula from awakening. In the final confrontation, she finds that the Dark Lord she has to face was actually disguising himself as a small child named Malus, which she had thought she had saved earlier. After killing this horrible monster, the hero escapes the crumbling castle and visits the cemetery for all the people that were killed by the Dark Lord's actions.
2. Although a purpose may appear clear, take nothing as certainty.
3. The tone was very spooky and creepy.
"But the old legends live, and soon the land will again be plunged into darkness."
"Why have you no fear? Nothing but vampires and demons live here."
"The devil in the black cloak was looking for a certain child..."
4. Antithesis: the 2 faces of Malus (small child, Dark Lord)
Contrast: The rather quick jump from the castle walls filled with monsters to the seemingly peaceful castle courtyard.
Epitaph: reading on the tombstones in the castle courtyard
Foreshadowing: The lifelike dog statues that later come to life and attack
Irony: Rosa the vampire watering her red roses with blood, calling them her white roses
Symbols: Garden maze=A person's fears
Clock tower=The amount of time left to stop the Dark Lord
Magical Nitro=frailty of the human mind
Purifying=simplicity of good against evil.
1.Direct characterization: detailing the background of the hero in the exposition and the physical appearance given to the castle.
Indirect: The hero caring about the small child's safety shows compassion and the hero venturing into the castle in the first place shows bravery.
2. The diction changes drastically when dealing with the dialogue and interactions between characters. The tone shifts from being outright horrifying to being a much more subtle creepiness, dealing with the character's sanity rather than bravery.
3. The protagonist is a flat static character. The purpose of the hero is known, and the hero is determined to see it through to the end.
4. I felt like I had read a character. The dialogue of the characters was really choppy and inconsistent.